Research Fellow/ Founding Head Policy Solutions Lab
Dr. Sajid is Research Fellow and founding head of Policy Solutions Lab at Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) Pakistan. Prior to joining to SPDI, he was Senior Research Fellow and Assistant Professor at Department of Economics, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics (PIDE). Dr. Sajid’s research is located at the cutting edge of interdisciplinary inquiry of issues related to structure of economic growth, inclusiveness and sustainability of growth and sustainable development. Largely, he is macroeconomist with focus on social content in macroeconomic policies. Recently, he has been leading work on inclusive economic recovery from the pandemic. Dr. Sajid has been member multiple public sector committees including:
- Member Working Group on First Five-Year Plan, Planning and Development department, Government of Balochistan (2020, 2021)
- Member Sectoral Advisory Group (macroeconomy), Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan (2020)
- Member (expert input) Economic Growth and Equity Strategy, Sectoral Advisory Group (2020)
- Focal Person (SDPI) for Parliamentary Standing Committee on Decent Work and Economic Growth, Parliament of Pakistan (2020)
- Member Working Group on Macroeconomic Framework-Growth, Investment and Savings, Planning Commission of Pakistan (2019)
- Member Working Group on Economic Governance, 12th Five Year Plan, Planning and Development Division (2019)
- External Reviewer on Monetary Policy and Financial Market, 12th Five Year Plan, Planning and Development Division (2018-19)
- Member Working Group on Promoting Remittances Inflows through Legal Channels, Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis & HRD (2018)
- Member Sub Committee for Establishing Pakistan Academy of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities (PASSAH), Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan (2018).
- Member Economic Seed Community for Track II Dialogue on Economic Cooperation in South Asia] (2015-2017)
- Expert Review Panelist, National School of Public Policy, National Institute of Management [NIM], Islamabad, 2018
- Member Sub Committee on Review of Pakistan Social and Living Standard Measurement Survey (PSLM) Questionnaire on Poverty, Labour and Employment, Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) (2016)
- Member Interview Panel, [Subject Specialist-Economics], Federal Public Service Commission [FPSC], Pakistan, 2012
- Lead for development of frameworks for SDGs localization in Punjab and Balochistan.
Dr. Sajid has been consult to United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP); Asian Development Bank [ADB]; United Nations Development Programme (UNDP); Department for International Development [DFID], Pakistan; United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Pakistan; Islamic Development Bank [IDB], Jeddah, Saudi Arabia; Overseas Development Institute [ODI], UK; United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). Also, Dr. Sajid has been visiting faculty at National Institute of Management [NIM] National School of Public Policy, Islamabad; Foreign Service Academy; IB Academy; Pakistan Institute of Development Economics [PIDE]; and National Defense University. He teaches Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Development Economics, Global Political Economy Public Policy Governance and Policy Analysis.