03:00pm to 05:00PM
SDPI Seminar Hall, 38 Embassy Road, G-6/3, Islamabad
Ms. Romina Khurshid Alam, MNA, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz PML(N)
- Dr. Javed Akram, Vice Chancellor, Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS)
- Dr. Sabeen Afzal,Dy Director National Health Services Regulations and Coordination,Government of Pakistan
- Dr. Mobashir Ahmed Bhatti, Chief , Pakistan Association of Integrative Medicine (PAIM)
- Mr. Abdul Basit Khan, Executive Director, National Institute of Population Studies (NIPS)
- Dr. Nabeela Ali, Chief of Party, JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. Health Systems Strengthening Component of USAID’s MCH Program
- Dr. Qudssia Uzma, Director Health & Nutrition, Save The Children, Pakistan
- Dr. Maqsooda Kasi, Integrated Health Specialist, World Vision International Pakistan.A Representative from Government of Pakistan (TBC)
Dr. Vaqar Ahmed, Deputy Executive Director, SDPI
The event can also be watched live at: http://www.sdpi.tv/live.php
The World Health Assembly will see Member States consider a resolution in support of the Every Newborn Action Plan. World Vision and SDPI welcome and endorse the Every Newborn Action Plan as a powerful means to dramatically improve the survival of newborn during the very first month of their life. Importantly, the proportion of newborn deaths as a total share of child deaths is increasing in Pakistan. The required attention at the time of birth is desperately needed, to attain Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5, in Pakistan.
Member States will also review the first progress report on the implementation of the Comprehensive Implementation Plan on Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition to achieve the targets, endorsed at the 65 th WHA in 2012. A monitoring framework for maternal, infant and child nutrition is currently under development in relation to the six global nutrition targets. Scaled up action to implement the Comprehensive Implementation Plan on Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition, and tracking of progress towards reaching the global nutrition targets is vital to improve the health of mothers and children.
In order to highlight the importance of 67th World Health Assembly and to provide child health stakeholders a plate form to come together around this very important subject, World Vision International Pakistan, Save The Children and Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) are jointly organizing a national level panel discussion on “Advocating Health for Newborn in Pakistan in the Context of World Health Assembly”. A range of government and non-government stakeholders have been invited to share their experiences and opinions with respect to newborn health in Pakistan. We are pleased to invite you for this event on Thursday May 08, 2014 at 3 at SDPI Conference Hall, 38, Main Embassy Road, G-6/3 Islamabad.