Continuation of Democratic Governments: Opportunities and Challenges
03:00pm to 05:00pm
Taimoor Chambers, 4rth Floor, 10-D (West), Fazal-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad
Democratic transition and transfer of power is considered to be a step forward in strengthening democracy in a country. Whereas, in Pakistan, since inception till 2008, all attempts towards strengthening democracy and transition of power resulted in derailing democracy.
However, after 2008, the country witnessed two consecutive transitions of democratic power in 2013 and 2018. The major challenge for strengthening democracy and continuation of democratic governments is consolidation of the democratic achievements after power transition. Democratic consolidation is seems to be a herculean task amid growing political tensions in Pakistan.
In this context, SDPI is organizing this special seminar on “Continuation of Democratic Governments: Opportunities and Challenges” with the purpose to deliberate upon way forward to achieve democratic consolidation for strengthening and continuation of democratic governments in Pakistan.
- Mr. Khurram Dastgir Khan, Senior Leader, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PMLN)
- Mr. Nadeem Afzal Chan, Spokesman to the Prime Minister
- Chaudhry Manzoor Ahmed, Senior Leader, Pakistan People’s Party Parliamentarian (PPPP)
- Mr. Zahid Hussain, Senior Independent Analyst
- Dr Abid Qaiyum Suleri, Executive Director, SDPI
Event can be watch live at: https://sdpi.tv/live.php