3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Margalla Hotel, Near Convention Centre, Islamabad
- Sardar Akhtar Mengal, Chief, Balochistan National Party (BNP) and Former Chief Minister, Balochistan
- Dr. Ayatullah Durrani, Former Federal Minister, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP)
- Mr. Jan Achakzai, Spokesperson, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazlur Rehman (JUI-F)
- Mr. I.A. Rehman, Secretary General, Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP)
- Lt. Gen (R) Talat Masood, Senior Political and Defence Analyst
- Mr. Ahmad Salim, Senior Advisor, Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI)
- Representative from Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (To be confirmed)
- Dr. Abid Qaiyum Suleri, Executive Director, SDPI
- Dr. Humaira Ishfaq, Writer and Teacher of Literature
Note: Kindly confirm your participation through email or phone. The event can also be watched live athttp://www.sdpi.tv/live.php
The event also features the launch of book “Balochistan: Azadi Sai Subai-Bai-Ikhtiari Tak” by Mr. Ahmad Salim. The book is a complete political history of Balochistan, with analysis, copies of rare documents and compilation of events that shaped the Baloch history from independence of Pakistan to the recent events till February 2013.
Mr Ahmad Salim is an eminent writer, poet, researcher and archivist. For his excellent contributions in the field of literature, he was conferred with Presidential Pride of Performance by Government of Pakistan and Bangladesh’s highest civil award, Bangladesh Freedom Award, along with many other national and international honours.