Post Budget (2018-19) Overview and Analysis
3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
SDPI's Seminar Hall, 3rd Floor Taimur Chambers, 10-D (WEST), Fazl-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad.
The recently announced budget 2018-19 provides significant changes for the tax regime and government spending at the federal level. Taxes and government expenditures will impact macroeconomic fundamentals including economic growth, fiscal deficit and balance of payments. The changes in finance act will also influence social sector dimensions and job creation in the country. This in turn will have welfare impacts, which can alter incidents of poverty and inequality. It is therefore also important to listen to the views of political parties’ representative in parliament and other stakeholder and note their observations on the budget.
In view of the above mention, SDPI is organizing a post-budget seminar with the following objectives:
- To present SDPI own findings regarding the impact of budgetary changes on the macro-economy, employment and poverty
- Solicit views from representatives of mainstream political parties on budget 2018-19
- To allow a chance to civil society representatives to deliberate on changes in fiscal policy
- Dr. Abid Qayuim Suleri, Executive Director, SDPI
- Dr. Vaqar Ahmed, Joint Executive Director, SDPI
- Dr. Pervaiz Tahir, Former Chief Economist Pakistan
- Ilyas Ahmed Bilour, Ex-Senator, ANP
- Syed Asad Mashadi, President Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Watch live at: http://sdpi.tv/live.php