Post-budget Meeting and Launch of the Book “Growth & Inequality in Pakistan”
2:30:00PM to 05:00pm
Khorshed Hall, Avari Hotel, Karachi
SDPI in collaboration with FES is organizing a post-budget meeting in Karachi with the objective to present proposals from extensive consultations held across Pakistan under the ‘Economy of Tomorrow (EoT) Programme’. Our proposals bring together inputs from the private sector, consumer and labour interest groups, development partners and overseas investors. At this occasion, we also aim to launch the book on “Growth and Inequality in Pakistan” authored by the EoT Programme Convener, Dr. Hafiz A. Pasha, former Federal Minister and United Nations Asst. Secretary General. The book presents a comprehensive reform agenda for inclusive economic growth and advocates for working towards socio- ecological sustainability as the precondition for robust development in Pakistan.
The outcomes of the meeting are important for the forthcoming Federal Budget 2019-20. These outcomes will also be shared formally with the relevant teams at the Ministry of Finance and Federal Board of Revenue. In view of the relevance and importance of the subject matter, we cordially invite you to attend this meeting. The meeting is planned for Thursday, June 27th, 2019, from 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM at Khorshed Hall, Avari Hotel, Karachi. For any further details, your team is most welcome to contact Ms. Mahnoor Arshad (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0300-0509945). A tentative programme for this meeting is also enclosed.
- Dr. Miftah Ismail, Former Federal Minister of Finance, Revenue and Economic Affairs
- Dr. Kaiser Bengali, Senior Economist & Former Advisor to the Sindh Chief Minister
- Ms. Jehan Ara, President, Pakistan Software Houses Association for IT & ITES
- Mr. Abdul Aleem, Secretary General, Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Dr. Safia Minhaj, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Karachi University