Pre-budget Seminar: Recommendations for Philanthropy Sector
03:00pm to 5:00PM
Taimur Chambers Plot # 10-D (WEST), Fazal-ul-Haq Rd, Islamabad
Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI), in collaboration with Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy (PCP), is hosting first ever budget proposal seminar for Philanthropy sector, over the last 70 years. Treated as part of random charities always, it has remained widely ignored that how can fiscal policy be used to incentivize and promote Philanthropy in the country? We believe that Philanthropy sector has been playing an important role in social development of the society and that better and improved institutional structure to facilitate corporate and individual philanthropy can increase the magnitude and impact of philanthropy sector in social and economic development multifold.
This seminar brings the representatives from corporate sector and in individual capacity to share their thoughts on the set of institutional arrangements, including tax structure and incentives and regulatory framework, which can help better generate philanthropy. On sideline, we also dwell into the options for systematic and more productive use of philanthropy in Pakistan. SDPI aims to submit the proceedings from this meeting to Ministry of Finance and Federal Board of Revenue.
- Asad Umar, Member National Assembly Standing Committee on Finance (TBC)
- Dr. Muhmmad Iqbal, Member Federal Board of Revenue
- Dr. Zafar Qadir, Chairman Social Action Consortium and Taleem Foundation, (Ex. Chairman NDMA & Federal Secretary IT)
- Ms. Shazia Maqsood Amjad, Executive Director, Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy
- Ms. Ayesha Khan, Country Director, Hashoo Foundation , Pakistan
- Ms. Fatima Akhtar, Manager Public Affairs, Nestle Pakistan