Time Not Specified
SDPI Seminar Hall, 38, Embassy Road, G-6/3, Islamabad
List of Toppers
- Senior 1st Prize: Shireen Faisal, 9th, Schola Nova.
- Junior 1st Prize: Azka Azhar, 8th, EMS High School, Islamabad.
- Senior 2nd Prize: Farhana Irshad, 12th, PAEC Model College, Nilore.
- Junior 2nd Prize: Ali Rehman, 4th, Roots International School. DHA-1, Sector – C, Islamabad.
- Senior 3rd Prize: Seerat Nasim, 12th, PAEC Model College, Nilore.
- Junior 3rd Prize: Maryam Ahmad Kiyani, 8th, EMS High School, Islamabad
- Sidra Saeed Sargana, A-1, Beaconhouse School System, Marghalla Campus.
- Ubaidullah Khan, 8th, American Lycetuff School, PWD Branch, Islamabad.
- Abdur Rauf Sani, 8th, Beaconhouse Senior Boys Branch, Peshawar. Rd., Rawalpindi.
Efforts of Appreciation:
- Almeera Ibrahim, 10th, Islamabad Science School and College.
- Hibah Fatimah, 8th, EMS, High School, Girls Branch, Islamabad.
- Zainab Farid, 7th, Roots International School., DHA-1, Sector – C, Islamabad.
- Reham, 4th C, Beaconhouse School System, F-7/1, Islamabad.
- Nasir Mohammad Taha, 7th, PAEC Model College, Nilore, Islamabad.
- Osama Shahid, 6th C, Beaconhouse Senior Boys Branch, Peshawar. Rd., Rawalpindi.
- Komail Haider, 6th C, Beaconhouse Senior Boys Branch, Peshawar. Rd., Rawalpindi.
- Aaliyin Arif, 6th E, Beaconhouse Senior Boys Branch, Peshawar. Rd., Rawalpindi.
- Zainab Aziz, 9th, Hira Model School, FA, Sohan, Islamabad.
- Nimra Sattar, 12th, PAEC Model College, Nilore, Islamabad.
- Mohammad Haseeb Kazmi, O level, Froebel’s International School, Rawalpindi.
- Fatima Asghar 9th, Schola Nova.
- Maria Salman, 9th, Schola Nova.
- Saleh Saqib Fazal, 11th, Beaconhouse, Marghalla, Islamabad.
- Aayla Riaz, 6th, Roots International School., DHA-1, Sector – C, Islamabad.
- Zohaib Bin Faisal, 3rd , Roots School System, Canyon Views Campus
- K M Kainat, 5th, Iqra Pilot School, 1-8/3, Islamabad
Chief Guest: Professor Dr. Manzoor H. Soomro, Chairman, Pakistan Science Foundation
Greetings from Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI)!
We wish to thank the students, teachers & parents for their interest and support to SDPI awareness raising activity on “Sources of Chemicals like Mercury and Their Impacts on Environment and Health”. We are most pleasantly encouraged with the overwhelming response (about 200 entries from more than 45 institutions) and intend to carry out more such activities (speech &
painting contests) in the very near future, Inshaa Allah.
As emphasized in our call for the entries, the competition sought to seek and to engage youth to reflect upon important issue of chemicals impact, especially mercury, on environment and health. All entries were considered and assessed by our four-member jury in four screening stages. The
entries were also screened through Google for plagiarism check and originality of the articles. Here, it is important to mention that selection of awards is made with utmost care and the decisions of the 4-membered jury panel would be considered final and binding.
After the rigorous review process, we have finalized the shortlisted entries to select 1st, 2nd & 3rd; consolation and appreciation prizes. The list of these shortlisted entries is enclosed herewith out of which the winners would be announced in ceremony. We have also sent “Certificates of Participation” to all candidates, who participated in the event but couldn’t qualify for final round. These certificates had been sent to the heads/principals of respective institutions to be passed on to their participants.
The winners of the competition would be announced in ‘Prize Distribution Ceremony’ to be held on Monday, 4th February 2013, by 03:00-05:00 p.m at SDPI office, 38, Embassy Road, G-6/3, Islamabad. They may also be asked to read out their essays at the ceremony.
Professor Dr. Manzoor H. Soomro, Chairman, Pakistan Science Foundation would be the Chief Guest at the occasion.
This prize distribution ceremony would be streamed-live by SDTV and can be watched at http://www.sdpi.tv/live.php
For further information regarding the prize distribution ceremony, please contact either of Ms. Sadia Sharif firstname.lastname@example.org, 051-2278134-ext 111) or Muhammad Shoaib email@example.com, 051-2278134-ext 197). Kindly not that students as given in the list are required to be in their school uniform, student identity card/letter and may please be accompanied by their teacher in-charge.
SDPI Inter-School Essay Competition on Chemicals
Impacts on Environment and Health
December 2012 – 21 January 2013
Bureau Chief/Assignment Editor/ Editor Reporter/ Chief Reporter/Chief
Photographer/ Chief Cameraman
SDPI Inter-School Essay Competition on
“Chemicals Impacts on Environment and Health”
In view of the increasing use of chemicals (such as Mercury/Mercury compounds & others) and their environmental and health impacts (specially on children), SDPI is organizing an essay writing competition to mark the global day of action against mercury (& other chemicals) production and use and also to create awareness among the children. The title of competition is “Sources of Chemicals like Mercury and Their Impacts on Environment and Health”.
The competition seeks to engage youth to reflect upon important issue of chemicals impact, specially mercury, on environment and health. It is expected that the contest would lead to increased awareness among students and result in greater understanding and support for minimizing of chemicals production and use (specially mercury) for sustainable development and protection of environment.
Essays are expected to contain substantive arguments indicative of alarming issue, its understanding and the needed measures/controls for safeguarding the environment and public health specially of children.
The essay competition is targeted at two age groups, one below the Eighth School Level and the other Eighth and above level. The participants have to write an essay either in Urdu or English language comprising 500-1000 words and submitted not later than Friday, 21th January,
2013. The winners of the competition would be asked to read their essays at the prize distribution ceremony on 4th Febuary 2013 Islamabad.
The essays must reach either of Ms. Sadia Sharif or Mohammad Shoaib Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI).