REDD+ Media Awards 2017
Time Not Specified
REDD+ Media Awards
In recognition of Media Professionals’ dedicated works on REDD+ (Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation, and Foster Conservation, Sustainable Management of Forests, and Enhancement of Forest Carbon Stocks), Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) in collaboration with REDD+ National Office, Ministry of Climate Change announces REDD+ Media Awards, 2017 in the following categories:
- Print Media Products disseminating REDD+ information for awareness
- Electronic Media Products on REDD+ information for awareness
- Social Media Content on REDD+ information for awareness
- Photographs exhibiting state of forestry in REDD+ context
The media products are required to cover the following themes on REDD+ (Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation, and Foster Conservation, Sustainable Management of Forests, and Enhancement of Forest Carbon Stocks)
- Importance of REDD+
- Importance of Forests and sustainable forest management
- Deforested and Degrading forest covers of Pakistan
- Impacts of forest degradation and deforestation
- Role of forests in Reducing Emissions
- Role of different stakeholders in ensuring conservation and management of forest covers
- Highlighting Afforestation and Reforestation
Requirement/ process of participation
The four 4 media products (one from each of the above category) will be selected for the awards on their best news stories/articles/Op-eds, and news packages/documentaries/talk shows/info-graphics/photographs respectively. Criteria for print and electronic media products will be clubbed as under:
- News stories/Articles/Op-eds
- News packages/Documentaries/Talk shows Participants from electronic media may send their works’ links through email, or they may despatch CDs through the post. In case of talk shows, only a relevant part of the product will be accepted.
- Similarly, participants from print media may despatch the news clippings through the post or they may also send their publications’ links through email. Date of publication/broadcast and name of the organization must be mentioned on each product.
- A panel of senior journalists will select one best produce from each category (4 products in total). The author, producer, blogger and photographer whose products will be selected are awarded a cash prize.
Submission Deadline: All entries should be submitted to Sadaf Liaquat at Sadaf@sdpi.org or at sent to SDPI office at 3rd Floor, Taimur Chambers, Plot # 10-D (West), Fazlul Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad by 15th October, 2017
REDD+ Media Awards Winners:
- Ms Shakeela Jaleel for her special supplement on REDD+.
- Ms Memoona Arif for her dedicated reporting in the REDD+ as a tool to address climate change.
- Ms Omaima Malik for her special NEWS package on Mangroves cutting telecast by GEO News TV.
- Mr Adnan Khatri for his article on ‘Mangrove, Riverine and Agro-Forests Diminishing’ published in The Nation.