3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
SDPI's Seminar Hall, 3rd Floor Taimur Chambers, 10-D (WEST), Fazl-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad.
With the passage of a bill in the National Assembly seeking the extension of the Supreme Court and High Court Peshawar to FATA, the debate on FATA reforms has now entered into a new phase. Therefore, SDPI has arranged a Round-Table conference aims to bring a select group of scholars, opinion makers, intelligentsia, government functionaries and other stakeholders together to deliberate upon the future course of the government?s reforms agenda and come up with a workable strategy on how to move forward.?
The conference titled ‘FATA Reforms: The Current Trends and Way Forward’, also aims at earning national ownership for the longstanding issue confronting FATA that has been affecting not only the region but the whole fabric of the Pakistani society.
The roundtable conference with experts would focus on the following issues in its deliberations;
- Extension of the writ of higher judiciary to FATA; what next
- What are the main priority areas for further intervention to move ahead towards mainstreaming the region and achieving the national goals?
- Senator Farhatullah Babar
- Ex-senator Afrasiab Khattak
- Shahabuddin Khan, MNA
- Zahid Hussain, Senior Analyst
- Ajmal Wazir, PMLQ
- Justice(R) Ajmal Mian