3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
SDPI Seminar Hall, 38 Embassy Road, G-6/3, Islamabad
Energy is central to nearly every major challenge and opportunity the world faces today. Be it for jobs, security, climate change, food production or increasing incomes, access to energy for all is essential.
Sustainable energy is opportunity – it transforms lives, economies and the planet. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is leading a Sustainable Energy for All initiative to ensure universal access to modern energy services, improve efficiency and increase use of renewable sources. Sustainable development is not possible without sustainable energy. Access to modern energy services is fundamental to human development and an investment in our collective future. This initiative brings together top-level leadership from all sectors of society – governments, business and civil society. Working together with an aim to achieve a broad-based transformation of the world’s energy systems and build a more prosperous, healthier, cleaner and safer world for this and future generations.
The Sustainable Energy for All initiative is intended to attract global attention and public and private commitments to meeting three objectives by 2030:
- Ensuring universal access to modern energy services
- Doubling the rate of improvement in energy efficiency
- Doubling the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
Moreover, Sustainable Energy for All has generated significant momentum since its launch. More than 75 countries have chosen to pursue Sustainable Energy for All’s objectives, from small island states to large, emerging economies.
The event can also be watched live at: http://sdpi.tv/live.php
· Mr. Naveed Iftikhar, Governance Specialist (ERU), Ministry of Finance
· Mr. Tahir Basharat Cheema, Former Managing Director, PEPCO
· Mr. Kashif Mateen Ansari, CEO, Sachal Energy Development
· Mr. Waqas Masud, Director, Fazal Industries