11:00 am to 1:00 pm
SDPI, Seminar Hall, 38 Embassy Road, G-6/3, Islamabad
Lt.Gen Abdul Quadir Baloch, Federal Minister for SAFRON
- Secretary Information, Qamar Zaman Kaira, PPP
- Rashid Godil,MNA, MQM
- Ayesha Gulalai, MNA PTI
- Mark Andre Franche, Country Director, UNDP
- Ayesha Siddiqa, Defense Analyst
- Moazzam S. Bhatti, Advisor SDPI
Shakeel A. Ramay, Sustainable Development Policy Institute
Since the launch of Military Operation Zarb-e-Azb against militants in the troubled North Waziristan Agency of Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) by Pakistan, from 15th June 2014, temporary migration / relocation of Displaced Persons (DPs) from the area of operations to safer locations has started. The government has assigned lead role to Ministry of States and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) for rehabilitation of the IDPs. NDMA is further providing necessary support for effective management of the humanitarian crisis.
This situation raises a few concerns such as:
- What should be the way forward for Government of Pakistan?
- What are the urgent human security measures required?
- What should be the role of international community?
- What are the urgent short-term needs of affected communities in KPK and FATA?
- How to develop an effective oversight and accountability mechanisms over donor funding which includes affected communities, national civil society organizations, and elected representatives?
The event can also be watched live at http://sdpi.tv/live.php