Toward New Global Governance
3:00PM to 05:00pm
SDPI's Seminar Hall, 3rd Floor Taimur Chambers, 10-D (WEST), Fazl-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad.
Profile of Bertrand Badie, Emeritus Professor Political Sciences
Emeritus Professor in Political Sciences, Bertrand Badie is one of the most prominent international relations thinkers in France. His areas of expertise are among others sociology and theory of international relations, comparative politics, multilateralism, transformations of state and sovereignty in international relations.
Member of the Editorial Board of several journals (European Review of International Studies (Chairman) Contemporary politics, Journal of International relations and Development, Etudes internationals, Brazilian journal of strategy and International relations, Indian journal of Law and International Affairs, International Journal of Human Rights).
Visiting Professor: Universities of Lausanne, Geneva, Tunis, Rabat, Fès, Porto-Alegre, Bologna, Florence, Berlin, Istanbul, Moscow, Cairo, Tokyo, Beyruth (USJ), Capetown (Western Cape), Amsterdam, Roma (LUISS), Bonn, Tubingen, Leipzig, Mexico, Montreal, Quebec (Laval), Moncton, Bogota, Nuakchott, Sao Paulo, Brasilia, St Andrews, Sussex, Buenos Aires
Books published in English:
- The Sociology of the state, Chicago, The Chicago University Press, 1980 (with Pierre Birnbaum)
- The Imported State, Stanford, Stanford University Press, 2000.
- The Diplomacy of Connivance, London, Macmillan, Palgrave, 2012.
- Humiliation in International Relations, London, Hart, 2017 (forthcoming)
- Political Science: A Global Perspective, London, Los Angeles, Sage pub, 2017, with L.Morlino, D.Berg-Schlosser.
- International Encyclopedia in Political Science, London, Los Angeles, Sage pub, 8 vol, 2011 (with D.Berg-Schlosser and L.Morlino, ed.)
- New Perspectives on the international order. No longer alone in the world, London, Los Angeles, New York, Palgrave, 2018.
The event can be watch live at: https://sdpi.tv/live.php