Why they March: Global Movement for Climate Action
3:00PM to 05:00pm
SDPI's Seminar Hall, 3rd Floor Taimur Chambers, 10-D (WEST), Fazl-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad.
The climate crisis has hit home for Pakistan! Flash flooding, glacial melt, heat waves, sea level rise and droughts all speak to an enhanced threat faced by communities across Pakistan when it comes to the impacts of global warming. Yet, there are concerns that we continue to rely on archaic technologies and fossil fuels for our energy production and pay scant attention to improving adaptation mechanisms in light of these climatic threats. Given this, in solidarity with the global community on 20th September 2019, people across Pakistan are mobilizing their efforts to come together and march in unison for effective steps against the onslaught of the climate crisis.
- Dr. Imran Khalid, Head, Environment and Climate Change, SDPI.
- Ms. Rina Saeed, Environmental Journalist
- Mr. Qasim Tareen, Progressive Organic Farmer
- Mr. Iqbal Badrudin, Representative, Fridays for Future Campaign
- Ms. Anam Rathor, Climate and Social Justice Organizer
Event can be watch live at: https://www.sdpi.tv/live.php