World Water Day 2019: Leaving No One Behind
03:00pm to 05:00pm
Taimoor Chambers, 4rth Floor, 10-D (West), Fazal-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad
In Pakistan, millions remain without safe drinking water and sanitation facilities. Women, children, disabled and the elderly are the most marginalized who are impacted by the lack of provision of safe water. Moreover, as climate change takes hold, extreme weather events in the shape of floods and droughts will further exacerbate the situation for our growing population.
It is in this context that the Sustainable Development Policy Institute is organizing a panel discussion to mark the World Water Day 2019 on Friday, 22nd March. The theme for the occasion this year is ‘Leaving No One Behind.’ This has direct linkages with the SDG Goal No. 6 which calls for achieving ‘sustainable water for all’ by 2030.
- Basharat Saeed, Water Resources Specialist, World Bank
- Anam Zeb, Senior Research Manager, Civil Society Coalition for Climate Change (CSCCC)
- Fatima Akhtar, Manager Public Affairs Nestle Pakistan
- Dr. Imran Khalid, Research Fellow, SDPI
- Dr Zia Hashmi, Head, Water Resources and Glaciology, Global Change Impact Studies Center