Published Date: Sep 1, 2018
PM Khan forms 18-member Economic Advisory Council
Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday constituted an 18-member Economic Advisory Council (EAC).
Out of these 18 members 7 belong to government while 11 are from the private sector.
The list of members is as following:
Private sector members
- Dr Farrukh lqbal, Dean & Director, Institute of Business Administration (IBA)
- Dr Ashfaque Hassan Khan, Principal and Dean, School of Social Sciences & Humanities, National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST).
- Dr ljaz Nabi, Professor of Economics, Lahore University of Management Sciences.
- Dr Abid Qaiyum Suleri, Executive Director, Sustainable Member Development Policy Institute (SDPI).
- Dr Asad Zaman, Vice Chancellor of the Pakistan Institute Member of Development Economics.
- Dr Naved Hamid, Professor of Economics at the Lahore Member School of Economics.
- Syed Salim Raza, Former Governor of State Bank of Pakistan.
- Mr Sakib Sherani, Economist.
- Dr Atif R.Mian, Princeton University (Department of Member Economics and Woodrow Wilson School of Public Policy).
- Dr Asim ljaz Khawaja, Sumitomo — FASID Professor of Member International Finance and Development at the Harvard Kennedy School.
- Dr lmran Rasul, Professor of Economics, Department of Member Economics, University College, London.
- Minister for Finance, Revenue & Economic Affairs Asad Umer
- Minister for Planning Development and Reforms Division Khusro Bakhtiar
- Secretary of the Finance Division Arif Ahmed Khan (Secretary EAC)
- Governor of the State Bank of Pakistan Tariq Bajwa
- Adviser on Institutional Reforms Dr Ishrat Hussain
- Adviser on Commerce Abdul Razaq Dawood
- Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission