The project aims to evaluate structural and institutional reform strategies in Pakistans energy sector. Given the countrys vulnerability to climate change, the overarching objective of this project is to sensitize policy makers to the values of Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All) and the need for energy security with High Efficiency and Low Emissions (HELE). The project is data-intensive with qualitative and quantitative analysis of key areas in the energy sector.
- To sensitize policy makers to Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All) and help develop an energy policy in the backdrop of current scenario of climate change
- To identify and develop KPIs for the ministries so that they could improve energy governance
- To measure energy governance against KPIs
- To collect measurable data on a set of indicators that will include power transmission and distribution loss rate
- To conduct spatial analysis of distribution losses across Pakistan
- To analyze and identify gaps in inter-departmental coordination, which affect energy governance
- To share results and key policy recommendations on energy governance with policy makers and industrys experts