Project Partner/Donor: JICA
Project Duration: Jun 02, 2020 to Mar 31, 2021
Team members: Dr. Vaqar Ahmed, Asif Javed
Project Introduction: The project involves preparing the quarterly reports based on macro-economy and political analysis. The focus is to review and analyze the basic figures and causes on important events and development in the particular three months. The review and analysis include;
- Real sector: economic growth, inflation, domestic and foreign direct investment, savings and industrial situation.
- Fiscal policies: impact of and response to shocks, and sustainability issues and public debt.
- Monetary policy: financial sector and exchange rate.
- External sector: current account, trade account, capital and financial account, international reserves and external debt.
- Progress of structural reform under IMF.
Analysis of the political scenario includes;
- Newly related policies including to economic activities.
- Political relations with surrounding countries.
- Development in regional cooperation programs (CAREC, CPEC, SAARC)
- Newly committed projects from donor agencies.
Project Objectives: The basic objective of the project is to present a quarterly analysis of the ongoing economic and political situation. The analysis is based on recent data and policy actions. The focus is to examine the change in macroeconomic indicators and the political scenario and its affect on the economic growth.
Project Outcomes: The quarterly reports present an updated overview of the economic and political situation which demonstrates the growth trend and change in policy actions. The quarterly reports cover the changing economic and political scenario and how it affects the overall macroeconomic situation of Pakistan.