Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) has carried out in-depth dialogue between policy makers, economic experts, and public implementing agencies on key economic reform issues.
The dialogue series was supported by structured feedback from citizen and business communities to provide a clear perspective on the level of receptiveness and support to broad reforms in tax and energy sectors. These activities will form the baseline for Economic Growth Unit’s programme on energy and tax reforms.
The evidence-based research and dialogue during policy symposia had also brought out specific knowledge products that will act as a baseline for measuring impact of current and future policies in tax and energy sector.
- Generate focused policy discussion around key economic reforms to prepare political parties and civil society for difficult structural reforms that will require public support
- Support policy dialogue on energy and tax with structured feedback from common citizens and business community in order to channel wider public views into the policy reform process.
National Consultation on Budget 2015-16
- Towards a Fair & Just Fiscal Policy in Pakistan
National Consultation on Budget 2014-15
- Budget 2014-15 Economic Context + Policy Response (By: Sakib Sheran)
- Public Debt Management (By: Ali Salman)
- Comparison of Federal & Provincial Education Budgets 2014-15 & 2015-16
- SDPI Pre-Budget Proposals 2015-16
- Punjab Growth Strategy – Comments by SDPI
- Rationale for Tax Reforms in Pakistan
- Academic Outreach and Engagement
- Summary of findings on Pre-budget Survey on Economic Reforms (Urdu version)
- Summary of findings on Pre-budget Survey on Economic Reforms
- Energy and Taxation Reforms – Household Analysis from Pakistan
- Energy and Taxation Reforms – Firm Level Analysis from Pakistan
- Policy Symposium on Taxation & Energy Reforms
- Draft Study: Reforming Tax System in Pakistan
- Pakistan : Energy Sector Appraisal
- Tax Reforms in Pakistan
- How to solve Pakistans power crisis
For details contact Dr Vaqar Ahmed (email@example.com)