Donors/Partners: World Bank/ REDD+ Office
Duration of Project: 18 months (March, 2017-September, 2018)
The overall aim of the REDD+ Awareness Raising Outreach Campaign is to promote REDD+ messages and knowledge in the society through application of standard norms and processes
The campaign under this project aims to affect all relevant stakeholders; various authorities at different levels, technocrats, central and local administrative authorities, religious, political, community and military leaders, opinion leaders, NGOs, civil society, donors and media and last but not the least the general public.
SDPI has been utilizing its extensive affiliation with the subject and expertise in the field of research, advocacy and networking, along with its forthcoming initiatives/collaborations. For which SDPI is assisting the Government of Pakistan in preparing, designing, launching and implementing a powerful awareness raising campaign related to REDD+ interventions in Pakistan.
Through the launch of this REDD+ Awareness raising campaign, SDPI is taking all relevant stakeholders on board i.e. from grassroots to technocrats to develop critical mass through a vibrant engagement with media, religious scholars, parliamentarians, all line departments and community leaders. Social and traditional media (both print and electronic) will also extensively be used.
To devise and launch an awareness raising campaign to create an enabling environment for effective implementation of REDD+ Readiness Activities in Pakistan.
- To devise a strategic communication plan to engage all relevant stakeholders including policy makers, technocrats and central and local administrative authorities, local Communities, religious and political leaders, general public, NGOs, and religious and academic scholars.
- Developing a short documentary video highlighting Pakistans status and commitment to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation.
- To organize awareness raising seminars on REDD+ and relevant mobilization activities that would also include women and marginalized segments of the society.
- Field Visit of journalists
- Panel discussion at SDPI’s Annual Sustainable Development Conference
- Pre-COP Consultation on COP23 and REDD+ Implementation in Pakistan.
- REDD+ Journalism Awards, 2017
- Regular publishing of newspaper articles (4 articles by SDPI staff and other by journalists)
- Mid Term Report Submission
Team Members: Shafqat Munir, Junaid Zahid, Sadaf Liaquat, Shakeel Ramay
Status : close.