Sustainable Development Goals Framework for Balochistan
Duration: September 2018 to December 2018
Team Members: Dr. Sajid Amin, Dr. Vaqar Ahmed, Syed Shujaat Ahmed, Asif Javed, Nauman Ishtiaq, Yamna Arshad, Ghulam Mustafa
This study aims to formulate framework for Sustainable Development Goals in Balochistan. It will take into the consideration data gap analysis, key informant interviews, focus group discussions and literature. With the help of these functions priorioritization of SDGs will be done which will further lead to formulation of implementation framework. Implementation framework will revolve around: 1) Alignment; 2) Governance and Strategic Management; 3) Policy Planning; 4) Budgeting; and 5) Outreach.
SDPI has currently taken this study with brief understanding of the concept of SDGs framework and its implementation. The study will aim to evaluate the demography of Balochistan, where Balochistan stands currently in the context of SDGs and what is the way forward.
- Preliminary overview (Literature review, stakeholder mapping and budget review etc) and meeting with SDG unit and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare inception report for review and approval by P&DD and UNDP.
- Validation of methodology to be used for developing SDGs framework for Balochistan.
- Hold Consultation meetings.
- Conduct field visits to identify division/districts for meetings and consultations with relevant government officials so that local perspectives and voices are reflected in framework.
- Conduct workshop based on framework drafted.
- Develop a methodology and implementation plan.