Ahmad Salim Resource Centre (ASRC) serves as an information base for multi-disciplinary research at the institute for general public, students, academia and the research scholars in the country and abroad. The center with 35,000 quality books, journals/Magazines and other documents is one of the biggest information resources in the entire development sector in Pakistan.
In addition digital files as well as online resources in the areas of development, environment, economic growth, education, gender, social sector agriculture and today hot topics like CPEC are available. There is an exclusive section for government data publications.
The Library facilitates local, regional and international journals and periodicals to subscribe/purchase to its publications. It receives more than 110 serials, including journals, periodicals, newsletters and weekly newspapers. Additional resources are available through Inter-Library Loan Programme and Publication Exchange Programme.
ASRC strives to provide information and knowledge to facilitate research and development on sustainable development issues in Pakistan. It has grown over the years evolving into an effective coherent mechanism of acquisition, processing, organization, creation and dissemination of information. It undertakes the following tasks:
- Select and acquire appropriate resource/research information
- Organise electronically the research information for easy access and use
- Advise and assist people in searching through relevant databases
- Information dissemination through publications such as periodicals/E-newsletters, books, papers, etc.
- Network with libraries and information/documentation centers
No Team Members Assigned