- Monday | 25 Oct, 2021
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Graphic Health Warning (GHW) has been one of the most significant issues in recent tobacco control efforts in Pakistan. During 2015, the size of the GHW was increased from 40% to 85% and the picture was also rotated after almost five years of continuity. Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) desires that the GHW must be kept at 50% or more but not less than 30%of the cigarette pack and needs to be rotated frequently.
Rapid ingress of New Novel Tobacco Products in Pakistani Market has brought new challenges for the country. Absence of pictorial and textual health warning on these products is not unique to Pakistan, as these products and the tobacco industry continue to defy the tobacco regulations across the globe. The smokeless tobacco products such as Naswar, and novel products such as Velo, Zyn. Lyft, Dryft and On, etc., are only adding to the enormity of the issue, necessitating immediate policy and regulatory attention.
Foregoing in view, this webinar will dilate upon the following aspects: -
1. Update on the 85% increase Court Case impending decision in Islamabad High Court.
2. Delay in implementation of the rotation in Pakistan which is overdue by many months
3. Best practices in GHW on smokeless and new novel products from around the globe.
4. Policy recommendations on the issue of GHW especially on the new novel products.
Moderator: Syed Ali Wasif Naqvi, Head of Centre for Health Policy & Innovation, SDPI
- Dr. Minhaj us Siraj, Professor, Health Services Academy
- Mr. Waseem Janjua, Senior Researcher, SDPI
- Dr. Sahana Hedge Shetiya, Head Department of Public Health at Dr. D.Y Patil Dental College and Hospital, Pune, India
- Mr. Azhar Saleem, CEO, Human Development Foundation
- Dr. Samra Mazhar, National Focal Point for Illicit Trade, Tobacco Control Cell, MoNHSR&C
- Ms. Larissa AL-Uar, Co-founder and Secretary General of Tobacco Free Jordan
Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YWYr8vs2QfiDtyzuONwJlw