Enhancing the role of private sector in the overall development agenda is the key to sustainable future of Pakistan.
Center for Private Sector Management (CPSM) is a strenuous effort of SDPI to support private sector in Pakistan through cutting-edge research, advocacy, evidence-based policy support, and stakeholders’ engagement. It aims to improve and promote the sustainable business practices in Pakistan through action research, better communication, and news ways of capacity building. In line with the national measures through an interactive approach, CPSE engages itself with partners to mobilize work on better business regulations, tax reforms, e-commerce, trade & export competitiveness, quality of investment, private sector role in SDGs, monetary policy, regional connectivity, energy economics, project management, and social enterprise development.
Main objectives of the Centre are as follows:
- To raise the private sector’s voice in decision-making by providing evidence-based research to policy making circles.
- To help the private sector enhance its capacity for sustainability, and
- To advocate for its inclusive and friendly policies among the quarters concerned to ensure its transparency and accountability.
- To explore ways for creating a linkage between public and private sector, aligning their wider agenda with SDGs 16.6, 17.6, & 17.7, sectoral policy reforms, investment streams, and other windows of opportunities in achieving these goals.
The Centre caters for the following thematic areas.
- Political Economy
- Trade & Investment
- Business Regulation
Communication & Outreach
- Podcast series on cross-border trade
- SDTV Talk Show series.
- Short documentaries
- Op-Eds, and blogs
National Network of Economic Think Tanks
We work to explore pathways to improve the business climate in Pakistan looking into the prospects of medium to long-term growth opportunities based on an inclusive approach, through dialogues, knowledge-sharing, bridging the gap between academic research and policymakers thinking, and better sharing and the dissemination of research related to the business environment, SDPI has formed an inclusive body in the name of National Network of Economic Think-Tanks.
Focal Person: Ahad Nazir
SDPI’s Core Training Areas
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
- Planning Appraisal and Execution
- Community Mobilization and Social Change Management
- Women Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- Digital and Financial Literacy
- Community Development for Behavioural Change Impact
- Monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Project Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Institutional Leadership Development
- Teaching and Pedagogical Skills
- Gender and Development
- Gender and Social Protection
- Ecofeminism and Natural Resource Management (NRM)
- Human Resource Development
- Inter-personal Communications
- Supply Chain Management
- Climate Compatible Development (Infrastructure and Agriculture)
- Food Security and Water management
- Conflict Resolution and Community Resilience
- Social, Environmental, and Economic Policy Framework
- Project Management
- Writing Skills
- Organizational culture and development
- Communication and Networking
- Leadership and teambuilding
- Critical Thinking
SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
SDPI Executive Education
Dr. Fareeha Armughan, Lead of the centre, is part of FACULTY of Evidence-Based Program Design
• CERP Executive Education by Faculty including industry leaders and experts in the field.
• Presented in collaboration with the CLEAR Initiative and Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD), at Harvard Kennedy School, the workshop provides participants with the technical tools required to apply a structured and highly practical approach to Programme design and implementation.