Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) has been engaging with the private sector extensively during the past four years. We have worked with almost all major actors of the private sector of Pakistan and the region under our various programs in collaboration with various international partners. In order to formalize the engagement, the Centre for Private Sector Engagement (CPSE) was established in June 2020 with the following objectives:
- Research on areas pertaining to private sector including topics such as various macroeconomic issues including tax reforms, trade reforms, social entrepreneurship, trade facilitation, Customs Department Effectiveness, etc.
- Continue the dialogue through our iterative and structured Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) forum which is now reaching national reach via the National Network of Economic Think-tanks.
- Partner with overlapping themes with the private sector stakeholders Run Capacity building programs at strategic, operational and tactical levels
- So, far the following activities have been carried out by SDPI CPSE.
- Surveys on Custom schemes for exporters and re-exporters
- Survey on Quality of Foreign Capital
- Baseline Survey on Creative and Inclusive Economy of Pakistan
- Research on Economic Cost of Grid Tripping in Wind Power plants
- Public Private Dialogue series on business regulations (all around Pakistan)
- Advocacy activities on renewable energy reforms with Engro Corporation
SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
SDPI Executive Education
Dr. Fareeha Armughan, Lead of the centre, is part of FACULTY of Evidence-Based Program Design
• CERP Executive Education by Faculty including industry leaders and experts in the field.
• Presented in collaboration with the CLEAR Initiative and Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD), at Harvard Kennedy School, the workshop provides participants with the technical tools required to apply a structured and highly practical approach to Programme design and implementation.