- Sunday | 19 Apr, 2020
- Research and News Bulletin
Combating COVID 19: Policy Options for Pakistan
- It is difficult to manage economy and corona simultaneously. People should be put over economy in these testing times.
- The budget strategy document for 2020-21 prepared in preCOVID 19 context has turned irrelevant. National Economic Council should revise the estimates for the forthcoming budget.
- An urgent meeting of Council of Common Interest is needed to show uniformity and solidarity among provinces.
- NDMA, IPC and health ministry must prepare a combined strategy to save the lives of people.
- There is a need to divert unutilized funds and allocations from different institutions like BISP, Workers Welfare Fund, PSDP, Baitul Maal, etc. to finance and implement the response strategy.