- Wednesday | 06 Apr, 2022
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Our Planet Our Health
# Healthier Tomorrow
Every year 7th April is declared World Health Day with effect from 1950 and celebrated by WHO to spread health awareness all over the world. This year theme is Our Planet Our Health with focus on clean air, Water and Food for Healthier Tomorrow. Extreme weather events, Land Degradation and water scarcity has resulted in displacements and affecting their health. Pollution and plastics are found in mountains and deep oceans resulting in contamination of water and entering into food chains and population explosion has affected adaptation and response and resulted in unsafe food and food insecurity. Newer technological innovations have increased the Increased consumption of processed and unhealthy foods and beverages is leading to wave of obesity, increasing Cancer and heart disease, and contributing to third of global greenhouse gas emissions. Pandemic and Other health emergencies are part of changes in climate due to human activity and if interventions are not done it will increase Frequency and intensity of these disasters. Pandemic is recent example and has affected social, physical, and mental health of populations. In Pakistan situation was same and in absence of strong Health system and economic stability and institutional social protection with equity resulted in individual and family compromised health, Nutrition, and mental Health issues. Few points to highlight · Integrate mental health and psychological support with Climate action and policies to better prepare for and respond to the climate crisis. · Build cities with green spaces that promote physical activity and mental health.
· Tax highly processed foods and beverages high in salt, sugars, and unhealthy fats. Risk factor for NCDs. · Implement policies to reduce food wastage.
Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tEnOu9okSnuqQ3inVAtyGQ
Moderator: Ms. Ayesha Ilyas, Co-Ordinator Advocacy and Policy Outreach, SDPI
- Dr. Nausheen Hamid, Former Parliamentary Secretary, Health
- Dr. Rizwan Taj, Executive Director PIMS
- Dr. Shahzad Ali Khan, Vice Chancellor of Health Services Academy
- Dr. Iqrar Ahmad Khan, Vice Chancellor, University of Agriculture Faisalabad
- Dr. Khalid Saeed, Regional Advisor WHO on Mental Health
- Dr. Razia Safdar, Head CHPI, SDPI